Skills & Experience
Willis Newson is one of the UK's leading arts and health consultancies.
As a team, Willis Newson has a wealth of experience across all areas of arts management, policy and practice, with particular expertise in using the arts in healthcare.
We have carried out projects in acute, community and mental health settings across a range of departments including paediatrics, older adults and dementia care, A&E, medical assessment units, cancer care, medium secure units, adolescent units, beareavement and sanctuary spaces.
Our expertise lies in the following areas:
- Public art commissioning for buildings & landscape
- Integrating art & interior design
- Healthcare & patient knowledge, experience and expertise
- NHS procurement experience
- Stakeholder management and multi-agency partnerships
- Consultation and engagement
- Infection control and HSE regulations
- Artist recruitment, selection and management
- Contracts & budget management
- Planning policy and permissions
- Consultancy, support and delivery of arts programmes within healthcare
- Evaluation of arts and health projects and processes
Our work on a number of large capital projects including PFI, P21 and Treasury-funded schemes has given us an excellent track record in collaborating with architects, developers, contractors and local stakeholders.
“Gloucestershire Royal was our first opportunity to work with Willis Newson. We were so impressed with Jane’s warmth and professionalism... . Her ebullient approach and ability to form links with a large and diverse client body was an integral part of our winning strategy.”
Director - Avanti Architects